On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 09:16, Janne Junnila wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm having trouble while trying to make the following work:
>
> \usemodule[gnuplot]
>
> \startGNUPLOTscript[distr_simple_1]
>
> plot "2_simple_1.out" using
> (0.01*floor($1/0.01)):(0.870456/100000/0.01) smooth frequency with
> boxes, (cos(2*x)*sin(0.5*x) + 1)*exp(-0.4*x)
> \stopGNUPLOTscript
>
> \useGNUPLOTgraphic[distr_simple_1]
>
> The problem seems to be that the single dollar sign gets interpreted
> as the start of a math environment.

On one hand that is the intended default behaviour. It is very handy
to be able to use

plot (cos(2*x)*sin(0.5*x) + 1)*exp(-0.4*x) title '$\left(\cos(2x)
\cdot \sin(0.5x)\right+1) e^{-0.4x}$'

to get nice result. On the other hand I'm not exactly sure how to
reliably print whatever gets passed to ConTeXt. The only option that
comes to my mind is some modification of
    \sometxt{\starttyping floor($1/0.01) \stoptyping}
where \starttyping would generate a single line. But one would need a
special option for that. (The command \type{...} would not be reliable
enough: in MKII it stops working at the second underscore and it is a
problem if one has curly braces in text.)

> I tried to look through the source
> code to see how I could tell context to bypass checking for certain
> characters, but I couldn't figure it out.

Currently the only option is to provide an explicit title. But if
there's a request to support literal output and if somebody can help
me figure out how exactly I should output the given text into
metapost, so that it will be reliably printed out literally.

Mojca