On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 03:39:04PM +0100, Honza Hejzl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> does anybody know how to really embed fonts into a pdffile? I have checked and
> read many conversations on that topic here but without the real solution (just
> a tons of arguments about "how problematic/unethic it could be"… and so on).
>
> I know well MKIV subsets all fonts. Yes, it is really good but it does not
> satisfy 99 % of modern printing offices. Embedding of all fonts is very
> typical
> demand of them. I really need it, sometimes it is not good or possible to
> discuss with a printing office "why to use my file instead of the one you are
> demanding".

When using map files '<<fontfile' should tell the engine to fully embed
the font, but since MkIV does not use map files you can't use this.
Alternatively, font table passed from lua to pdf backed have an
'embedding' key and setting it to 'full' should fully embed the font,
but I don't know if MkIV provides a way to control this.

Regards,
 Khaled