On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 10:17, Matej Barič wrote:
> Hello,
> In a document I'm writing I'm using urw-garamond font successfully. However I
> also use metaUML library for metapost where I'd like to have helvetica (or
> nimbus, heros, etc.).
>
> For latin modern sans, I can use this:
>
> string metauml_defaultFont;
> metauml_defaultFont:="ec-lmss10";
>
> But this only works for latin modern sans (which I don't like combined with
> urwgaramond) but not helvetica. I've tried to use some of txfonts and
> tex-gyre fonts (which use helvetica/heros/nimbus for their sans-serif) by
> writing metauml_defaultFont:="txss" and metauml_defaultFont:="ec-qhvcb" but I
> get an error "pdftex (file rtxss): Font rtxss at 600 not found".
>
> I've installed the latest context standalone.
>
> Is there any other way to use helvetica in metapost/metauml or how to
> troubleshoot this error?

I'm almost sure that the reason are missing lines describing those
fonts in pdftex.map. It might be that your example would work fine
with TeX Live or MikTeX out of the box. I have never used metauml and
I'm not sure what it does. Another reason could be lack of fonts that
you desire to use (but txfonts are present).

Does including "original-youngryu-tx.map" with command fontmapfile (or
command fontmapline) help you to get rtxss working? If not, can you
please send a minimal example?

ConTeXt uses different mechanisms to get the fonts inside metapost
code working, but metauml is most certainly not aware of any of those,
so it cannot take any advantage of that.

Mojca