I have this problem too… most frustrating :-\ I guess the drop-cap is being counted as part of the line, and thereby increasing the line height.

  — Twey

On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 23:34:12 +0100, Michael Guravage wrote:
Greetings,

If you run the following example with the current beta you will see
that the second and subsequent lines of the paragraph are pushed down
below the extent of the drop cap. This behavior appeared sometime
after 2011.10.24. Can anyone explain what is happening and suggest a
solution?

usemodule[lettrine]
showgrid

defmyhook {definefontsynonym[LettrineFont][eusm10]}
setuplettrine
  [Lines=5,
   FontHook={redmyhook},
   Findent=0.2em,
   Nindent=0.2em,
   Oversize=1.0,
   Hang=0.15]

setuplayout
  [grid=yes]

starttext

  lettrine{W}{e thrive} in information||thick worlds because of our
  marvelous and everyday capacity to select, edit, single out,
  structure, highlight, group, pair, merge, harmonize, synthesize,
  focus, organize, condense, reduce, boil down, choose, categorize,
  catalog, classify, list, abstract, scan, look into, idealize,
  isolate, discriminate, distinguish, screen, pigeonhole, pick over,
  sort, integrate, blend, inspect, filter, lump, skip, smooth, chunk,

  average, approximate, cluster, aggregate, outline, summarize,
  itemize, review, dip into, flip through, browse, glance into, leaf
  through, skim, refine, enumerate, glean, synopsize, winnow the
wheat
  from the chaff and separate the sheep from the goats.

stoptext

With kind regards,

Michael Guravage