On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 11:00, John Devereux wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is there a problem with gnuplot? I get an error with the minimal example
> on the wiki.
>
> text.tex:
>
> \usemodule[gnuplot]
>
> % write a script for gnuplot
> \startGNUPLOTscript[sin]
>   plot sin(x)
> \stopGNUPLOTscript
>
> % include the resulting graphic into the document
> \useGNUPLOTgraphic[sin]

> ! Missing number, treated as zero.
>
> system          > tex > error on line 0 in file : Missing number, treated as
> zero ...
>
> <empty file>
>
> <to be read again>
>                   \let
> \doprocessGNUPLOTfile ...OTnumber \zerocount \let
>                                                  \normalstarttikzpicture =\...
> <argument> ...NUPLOTfile [sin][\@@GNUPLOTresult ]}
>                                                  \doif {\@@GNUPLOTterminal ...
> \firstofoneargument #1->#1
>
> <argument> ...}\writeandprocessGNUPLOTscript {sin}
>                                                  \doifelse {\@@GNUPLOTtermi...
> \firstoftwoarguments #1#2->#1

> <*> ./test.tex \stoptext
>
> ?

Oh, indeed. It seems that a recent change in ConTeXt core broke
functionality of the module (the version I tested on earlier worked
fine).

I'm not sure if I know where to start digging for the problem. There
are some more experienced developers here, but I can try. (Though I
take all the blame on me for not adapting the module to MKIV yet.)

Mojca