Hello,

A follow-up on the solution
\startpostponing [+0]
\startplacefigure
…
\stopplacefigure
\stoppostponing

As a side effect, one then needs to be careful to surround
ALL placefigures with \startpostponing[+0]\stoppostponing,
even those that occur after a paragraph end
(where one is not concerned about adding a paragraph break),
else the floating figures may get placed out of order,
e.g. figure 4 before figure 3.

As this makes for somewhat sloppy tex files,
should not placefigure/table/other get FIXED
so as not to introduce a paragraph break?

Alan