Am 2012-05-28 um 19:27 schrieb Hans Hagen:

\startpostponing

might help (you can add [pagenumber] or [+pagenumber] if needed)

Oh, of course, Philipp Gesang recently reminded me.
I would like to use \startpostponing[right], but fixed pages are ok.

This works:

\starttext

\startpostponing[3]
        \section{Tufte}
        \input tufte
        \strut

        \page
        \strut

        \page

        \section{More Tufte}
        \input tufte

        \page
\stoppostponing

\dorecurse{30}{
        \section{Knuth \recurselevel}
        \input knuth
}

\stoptext

But if I try to put graphics in layers within the postponing, I get empty pages. Further, if I put that postponing stuff into a macro (see below), I get errors about \par ending the buffer. I guess I’d need some unexpanding, but where? Without \def, I get 2 (instead of 3) empty pages, but with page numbers. I need to switch off the pagenumbering for the first two pages (because it’s a transparent page that doesn’t count); it’s probably also a problem fixed-page postponing...

\def\DoublePicAt#1#2{
        \startpostponing[#2]
        \setuppagenumbering[state=stop]\setuppagenumber[state=stop]

        \resetlayer[bg]
        \setlayer[bg]{\externalfigure[#1][height=\dimexpr(\paperheight+6mm)]}
        \setupbackgrounds[page][background=bg]
        \strut

        \page %[right] doesn’t work
        \strut

        \page

        \setuppagenumber[state=start]

        \resetlayer[bg]
\setlayer[bg]{\externalfigure[#1-hg][height=\dimexpr(\paperheight +6mm)]}
        \setupbackgrounds[page][background=bg]
        \strut

        \page
        \setuppagenumbering[state=start]