On 2012-06-08 "Jan Pohanka" <xhpoha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it also possible to set some global path, where context will
> search the  env files and not to use the full path in document
> file?

Put the files in your local texmf directory: $HOME/texmf/

> Is enviroment  good aproach to define templates?

For general document templates I create modules. They define the
entire document layout. Everything except the content. This makes
sense if the layout is likely to be reused.

I use environments to define individual parts of the layout eg. font
setups, header setup, etc. If the document layout unique to this
particular document I often only use environments.

> template file in some directory on the system: \startenvironment
> myreport ... \setupexternalfigures[directory=???]
> \setupfootertexts[{\externalfigure[mypic]}] ... \stopenvironment

External figures are also found in the local texmf directory.

Marco