Am 12.07.2012 um 15:57 schrieb Thomas A. Schmitz:

> On 07/09/2012 10:46 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> btw, you can define linenumberings ...
>
> Hi Hans,
>
> I finally had time to play a bit with your code, and AFAICS, the settings for
> "before" and "after" in \definelinenumbering are quietly ignored; at least, I
> get no blank lines:

The liner numbering environment has no before/after keys, you should always
keep in mind that line numbers are added after the page is finished and the
start/stop commands are mark the begin and end of the block where numbers are
added. You can always use the annotation module which has space
before/spaceafter keys to control the spacing around the environment.

\usemodule[annotation]

\definelinenumbering
  [blockquote]
  [width=1cm,
   location=text]

\define[2]\BlockquoteCommand
  {\startlinenumbering[blockquote][start=\annotationparameter{start}]%
   #2%
   \stoplinenumbering}

\defineannotation
  [numberedblockquote]