On Wed, 18 Jul 2012, Pavneet Arora wrote:

Thanks, as always, for the prompt replies. Does this mean that I need to focus on the typescript mechanism rather than simplefonts?

In principle both should work with simpleslides module though I never tested it with simplefonts.

Wolfgang, that was also the point I wanted to clarify since from my earlier reading of the manual's section on "Choosing on your own fonts", the example pointed to using typescripts. However, from the Aditya's posting I was encouraged that I could use (my) default method of relying on simplefonts.

ConTeXt comes with typescripts for lot of the commonly used fonts. Earlier, you had to use

\usetypescript[dejavu]
\setupbodyfont[dejavu]

to use an existing typescript. Since a year or more now, the first line is not needed. You can just use

\setupbodyfont[dejavu]

and context will run \usetypescript[...] if a typescript is not already loaded.

One last question stemming from the Jean-Luc Dumont's article on effective communications: is there a way to turn off the interaction bar in the slides. I am using the simple 'Shaded' style where the interaction bars are displayed as small circles along the bottom.

The simpleslides module is not designed for configurability. Sorry. The best solution is to copy the Shaded style to another file and remove the code for the bottom bar.

Thomas and I were working on a more extensible version of simpleslides, but haven't had the time to finish it.

Aditya