Dear Hans,

Thank you for quick answer and for reminding me \mframed.
\mframed is working if I enclose one term like  ... \NC{\mframed[]{x+y}}\NC
...\NC\NR.
But I'd like to enclose the whole row in one frame.
I apply \mframed to every term and get close result except there are gaps
between frames.

I tried  \mframed in a few different ways, but not succeed. \HL in
\startalign...\stopalign is not working either.

I think that \framed and \startformula\startalign have strong characters for
each, it is not easy to combine them smoothly.
It is just my guess.

So far, using \mframed for each term is the best result.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Dalyoung