On Wed, 08 Aug 2012 15:19:22 +0200
"Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz" <scholz....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Willi,
>
> I used vim/gvim in the past and switched to emacs. I write all my
> stuff with ConTeXt and with some tweaking of the commands you can
> also make mkiv run inside of emacs.

 Using Gvim I have two ways to make context run inside the
editor:
<esc>:!context book.tex
and for the next iteration:
(It may take several uparrows depending on how many colon commands have
intervened)

That's the simple way. The harder way up front is to set up an F key to
automatically process this string:
context book.tex
This is a bit of a bear to set up in .vimrc, but a single keystroke
is much faster in production.

I also have an F key for pdftex, one for acroread and one for
justifying all the paragraphs ragged right. Set once, use forever.

--
John Culleton
Free list of books for self-publishers: