On 18-8-2012 14:18, Troy Henderson wrote:
The follow code produces a PDF whose page height is too large (i.e., is not
tight enough around the graphic).  How can I get this the height to be as
tight as the width?

\startMPpage
    bboxmargin:=0;
    label(btex foo etex,origin);
\stopMPpage

Thanks in advance,

This is nedeed an annoying side effect. It has to do with the fact that a page gets a topskip (by default) and it happens that this text is < topskip so it gets moved down in the page builder. I've added an option to the makeup commands ( location=top ). Mp pages are fitting pages and these are makeups. So, the next beta will behave better (for tex as well as mp pages).

In practice topskip will not kick in that often as MPpages are normally larger. Compare

\startMPpage
    label(btex foo etex,origin) ysized 11pt ;
\stopMPpage

\startMPpage
    label(btex foo etex,origin) ysized 10pt ;
\stopMPpage

\startMPpage
    label(btex foo etex,origin) ysized 9pt ;
\stopMPpage