On Thu, 13 Sep 2012, Otared Kavian wrote:

On 13 sept. 2012, at 02:34, Aditya Mahajan <adit...@umich.edu> wrote:

For some reason, the numbering in itemize is affected by the value of userpage!

\setupuserpagenumber[start=12]
\starttext
\startitemize[n,reverse]
 \item One
 \item Two
\stopitemize
\stoptext

With ConTeXt  2012.09.11 20:36 I get

13. One
12. Two

Any ideas?

Yes it is a strange behaviour and it appears only when using mkiv and reversed
itemize, even with
        \setuppagenumber[start=12]
instead of
        \setupuserpagenumber[start=12]
Also the pagenumber remains unchanged with either of these commands, which
means that it's a bug.

I tested your example with Context version 2011.11.29, mkiv and there
everything is correct.

Thanks for testing. I also tested with 2012.07.

\setupserpagenumber does not change the page number (but \setcounter[userpage][start=12] does!)

The item numbers come out correctly. So, the bug with wrong item numbers was introduced recently; the bug with \setupuserpagenumber not working came sometime earlier.

Aditya