On 1-10-2012 22:18, Philipp Gesang wrote:
···<date: 2012-10-01, Monday>···<from: Hans Hagen>···

On 1-10-2012 19:25, Philipp Gesang wrote:

utilities.sequencers.disableaction(resolvers.openers.helpers.textfileactions,"characters.filters.utf.collapse")

Doesn’t work. What helps is to comment out the “appendaction” in
char-utf.lua or the corresponding table for U0xfb35 in
char-def.lua. My guess is that this is the case because the .tex
file is processed *before* you can disable it.

so we need a directive (as they can be given on the commandline)

Yes, I think so, too. Btw. according to this faq:

   http://www.unicode.org/faq/ligature_digraph.html#Pf1

these are not normalizations but in fact some kind of
second-class ligatures that the unicode people seem to grudgingly
keep around for compatibility reasons (like with precombined
Greek). Is it really wise to have them enabled by default?

most is controlled by char-def.lua and arbitrary disabling some is confusing I guess (btw, for special purposes one could add non-joiners in between)