On Tue, 2 Oct 2012 09:40:35 +0200
Marco Patzer <home...@lavabit.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> chemical structures and reactions produce wrong results. Here is one
> example from the wiki and two from the manual.
>
> \starttext
>
> %% does not typeset the reaction, prints the commas, wrong spacing
> %% and no arrow
> \startformula
>  \chemical{2H_2,+,O_2,->,2H_2O}
> \stopformula
>
> %% same here, GIVES is not interpreted
> \startformula
>   \chemical{A,GIVES,B,EQUILIBRIUM,C,MESOMERIC,D}
> \stopformula
>
> %% wrong alignment, rules overlay symbols
> \startformula
>   \setupchemical
>     [width=fit,
>      height=fit,
>      scale=small,
>      size=small]
>   \startchemical
>     \chemical[ONE,Z0,DB1,SB46,MOV1,Z0,SB28][C,C]
>   \stopchemical
>   \startchemical
>     \chemical[SPACE,PLUS,SPACE]
>   \stopchemical
>   \startchemical
>     \chemical[ONE,Z0,SB146,Z6][N,H]
>   \stopchemical
>   \startchemical
>     \chemical[SPACE,GIVES,SPACE]
>   \stopchemical
>   \startchemical
>     \chemical[ONE,Z07,SB1357,MOV1,Z0,SB27,PB:Z2,ONE,Z0,SB13,PE][C,H,C,N]
>   \stopchemical
> \stopformula
>
> \stoptext
>
> Am I missing something? Is this mechanism not supported any more or
> just broken?
>

> Marco

\startchemicalformula
not
\startformula

\startchemicalformula
        \chemical{2H_2}
        \chemical{PLUS}
        \chemical{O_2}
        \chemical{GIVES}
        \chemical{2H_2O}
\stopchemicalformula

Also, the shorthand "+" for "PLUS", "->" for "GIVES", etc.
seems to be interpreted only inline, not in displayed chemical formula
mode.

I am working (with Hans) to correct the mkiv chemical code,
which has been completely re-written (from ppchTeX macros).
Also working on a new manual, at the same time...

Alan