Am 09.11.2012 um 10:19 schrieb Hans Hagen <pra...@wxs.nl>:

> On 11/9/2012 9:08 AM, "H. Özoguz" wrote:
>> Hello there,
>>
>> I am relatively new to ConTeXt, now typing a small book in it. I have a
>> problem with the register (index). This is an example:
>>
>> […]
>>
>> |The page numer of the reference "Long Long Long" is set to the next page.
>> How to prevent this?
>> Maybe the reference "Long Long Long" could break into two lnes or a rule
>> like that?
>
> play with
>
>  \index{Long Long Long}blub
>
> and
>
>  blub\index{Long Long Long}
>
> an index entry (currently) inserts a node in the list and that one should be
> bound to the word

The problem is not the \index command but the text in the register, as you can
see in the example below the text and the page number are in separate columns
(or in the long example on separate pages).

\setuppapersize[A6]

\starttext

\index{Too long entry}Long index entry.

\blank

\placeindex

\stoptext

This is caused by this macro in strc-reg.mkiv where you insert only a normal
skip
between the the text and page number, changing \hskip to \nobreak\hskip moves
at least a part of the last word in the entry to the next column in the example
above.

\unexpanded\def\registerpageseparator% todo: , configurable
  {\ifconditional\c_strc_registers_page_done
     \registerpageseparatorsymbol
   \else
     \hskip\d_strc_registers_distance\relax
     \settrue\c_strc_registers_page_done