2012-11-15 H. Özoguz:

> \setuptolerance[stretch]

Are you sure, you want to use stretch? It will probably product
ugly results.

> \tolerance 70

Why 70? I don't understand the use of stretch with such a strict
tolerance. What about using

  \setuptolerance [tolerant] %% or verytolerant

instead of using stretch?

> Is it suitable to use tolerance and stretch in this way together?

It will probably work (though I never used it myself), but using the
ConTeXt interface \setuptolerance is the better approach.

> Of course I want a nice type area - but for me that means that I definitely
> don't want a word written in the margin!

Use a higher tolerance, not a lower one.

> (That happens with the default \tolerance 250 (without using stretch).

What version are you using? A current ConTeXt has the \tolerance set to 200.

\starttext\the\tolerance\stoptext

Marco