On 11/28/2012 12:39 AM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 12:20 AM, Martin Schröder wrote:
2012/11/27 Mojca Miklavec:
What exactly do you mean with a canonical way? The most reliable way

How about delivering a new version through tlcontrib?

Doable***, but a new beta is usually released several times per day
(and sometimes doesn't even compile the format).

Not that often, does it? Making formats is part of making the zip so it only fails when i forgot to add a file to the zip (in which case on my machine the file from my local tree is taken).

There is one extra prerequisite though: it would have to be marked as
highly experimental. Not everyone who decides to add tlcontrib to the
list of repositories should get the latest beta every few hours. This
feature is or was on Taco's TODO list on my request, but putting
ConTeXt modules into TLContrib structure currently has a much higher
priority than this feature.

indeed. updating tlcontrib can happen with a low frequency (also because sometimes betas are real betas with new features)

It might be a lot easier/faster to simply create a second repository
with just ConTeXt betas.

personally i always use special trees for projects that I inly update
when i need a new feature