Hi,

Thanks for the quick responses.

> The \externalfigure commands passes the values of the width/height keys to
> Lua which can’t handle relative values [...] to convert a relative (e.g.
> \textwidth) in a absolute value (e.g. 12pt) you can use the \dimexpr command.
>
>  \externalfigure[…][width=\the\dimexpr.3\textwidth\relax]

I'm seem to be not educated enough about dos and don'ts: To me it seemed
mandatory to use relative sizes as I might have to change the layout of my
document (*). So, do I get it right that the idea of this change is to stick to
a rigid A4 setting (i.e. all figures are e.g. of width 5 cm) and then simply
change the print out size to A5:

\setuppapersize[A4][A5]

A quick "yes, keep it rigid" or "no, do it adaptively" would be enough to get
me on track (in case I am not telling bull****). I'll adapt my doc accordingly.

Cheers,
Andreas

(*) I am currently working on a document, which Iis going through assessment in
A4 and very likely published in A5