On 1/24/2013 2:33 PM, Andreas Mang wrote:
Hi,

did something change in consideration of mathcommand/mfunction? I get italic
"operators" instead of the usual (I suppose) upright typesetting.

When working on a a chapter in an upcoming font manual I found out that \mr (regular) was not consistent with \mb so I changed that. As a consequence \en should use \mathupright instead of \mr to assure upright because it makes sense to let \mr and \mr reset the state to math italic symbols.

It's fixed in the next beta.

Btw, \mb has been around for a while but I made it a bit more robust. When no real [complete] bold font is present (and there are not many) a fallback mechanism kicked in but I found out that we also have incomplete bold fonts so I've an extra fallback mechanisms for that.

So, we have several axis: regular and bold as well as l2r and r2l as well as styles. Only XITS has a bit of all.

Hans

Ps. There are some more (new) things but that's for later.