Am 05.02.2013 um 13:50 schrieb Jaroslav Hajtmar <hajt...@gyza.cz>:

> Hello ConTeXist.
>
> I would like use modes alternative to change of image dimensions in different
> documents (presentation or print version).
> Compilation in ConTeXt TeXLive 2012 version will compile without error, but
> without visual effect. Compilation with the standalone version fails. What is
> problem or eventually. how to solve my problem another way.

The \doifmodeelse command isn’t expandable and can’t be used in this form.

> Thanks
> Jaroslav Hajtmar
>
> Here is my minimal example:
>
> \enablemode[presentation]
>
> \def\alternativewidth#1#2{
>     \doifmodeelse{presentation}
>         {width=#1}
>         {width=#2}
> }
>

> \useexternalfigure[COW][cow.pdf][height=5cm, \alternativewidth{3cm}{5cm}]

\startmode[presentation]
\useexternalfigure[COW][cow.pdf][height=5cm,width=3cm]
\stopmode

\startnotemode[presentation]
\useexternalfigure[COW][cow.pdf][height=5cm,width=5cm]
\stopnotmode

or

\startmode[presentation]
\definemeasure[alternativewidth][3cm]
\stopmode

\startnotmode[presentation]
\definemeasure[alternativewidth][5cm]
\stopnotmode

\useexternalfigure[COW][cow.pdf][height=5cm,width=\measure{alternativewidth}]

Wolfgang