On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 4:35 AM, Hans Hagen <pra...@wxs.nl> wrote:
> On 3/15/2013 5:18 AM, Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس   سماوي حامد wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 14 Mar 2013 20:08:38 -0600, Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس   سماوي
>> حامد <isha...@colostate.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> To round it off I guess we need a replacement for \subfs as well.
>>

>> Hmm, it seems that \subfs functionality is built in through the same
>> mechanism. Will study this some more...
>

> yes, but there in successive calls the last one counts
>
> \addff{x} \addff{y} \addff{z}  -> z is used on top of the current font's set
>
> \feature{x} \feature{y} \feature{y} -> all are used on top
>
> we might end up with replacing \addff etc by one mechanisms
>
> \feature{+someset} : add
> \feature{-someset} : subtract
> \feature{=someset} : replace

I like this proposal for its use of only a single command with the
add/remove/reset in the args. If \feature ends up being too generic,
maybe \fontfeature or \fontfeatureset instead?

To keep things more in-line with current ConTeXt syntax, you could do
something like the following:

\feature{add=foo}
\feature{subtract=bar}    (or sub, remove, etc.)
\feature{reset,add=baz}

Which would also allow, e.g.,

\feature{add=bar,remove=baz}

similar to how we're used to using key:value pairs in so many
arguments, and being able to combine them in one function call.

Jon