On 20 mrt. 2013, at 07:05, Otared Kavian <ota...@gmail.com>
 wrote:

> On 19 mars 2013, at 19:47, Aditya Mahajan <adit...@umich.edu> wrote:
>
>> […]Although most active users use ConTeXt standalone and are willing to
>> update frequently, TL still plays an important role in introducing new users
>> to ConTeXt. An experienced TeX user who wants to try ConTeXt is more likely
>> to try ConTeXt distributed as part of TL rather than ConTeXt standalone.
>> When there are serious bugs with ConTeXt TL, it gives the impression that
>> ConTeXt is not a mature macro package.
>
> Hi,
>

> So my pledge is this: make any stable version of ConTeXt in TeXLive so that
> it works and typesets a tex-file « out of the box », without needing to issue
> any command other than:
>       context myfile.tex
> This is the case with LaTeX inside TeXLive, and so I cannot see any strong
> reason for ConTeXt not having the same behavior.

Being a fan of ConTeXt, I strongly agree with the above plea to make ConTeXt a
painless experience for most users. I think of myself as someone who knows a
bit of computers and programming. But even then I can feel sometimes something
of what others must experience when nothing seems to work and no idea why.

The best advocate for ConTeXt is an "invisible" ConTeXt for all those out there
who just want their stuff made printer ready without hassles. ConTeXt deserves
a wider use.

Hans van der Meer