Marco, many thanks. By the way, how can I load the `luatex-plain.fmt` by
default when typing "luatex somefile.tex"?
 Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 12:05:25 +0200
From: home...@lavabit.com
To: ntg-context@ntg.nl
Subject: Re: [NTG-context] use plain LuaTeX in ConTeXt standalone

On 2013�C04�C20 Tim Li wrote:

> Hi, many context users are also luatex user, and the context standalone also
> contains luatex binary (windows). I input the 'luatex' in the cmd, but it
> can't work. The message is as follows: d:\>luatex
> luatex
> This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.77.0-2013041621 (rev 4633)
>  \write18 enabled.
> **\relax
> I can't find the format file `luatex.fmt'!kpathsea: Running mktexfmt
> luatex.fmtThe command name is D:\context\tex\texmf-mswin\bin\mktexfmt Since
> there is not mktexfmt in the context standalone, is that mean I can't use
> plain luatex in the context standalone?

1) Create a file “luatex-plain.tex” with the following context:

\input plain
\directlua {tex.enableprimitives('', tex.extraprimitives())}
\pdfoutput=1
\everyjob \expandafter {%
    \the\everyjob
    \input luatex-basics\relax
    \input luatex-fonts\relax
    \input luatex-mplib\relax
}
\edef\fmtversion{\fmtversion+luatex}
\dump

2) Build the format:

  luatex --ini luatex-plain.tex

3) Compile with:

  luatex --fmt=luatex-plain.fmt somefile.tex

Marco