Al 13/05/13 09:55, En/na luigi scarso ha escrit:

On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 4:32 PM, Xan <dxpubl...@telefonica.net <mailto:dxpubl...@telefonica.net>> wrote:

    Hi,

    I just want to know if there is any tool to convert a pdf
    (generated by latex or context) to latex source or context source
    file. Does anyone have got an experience on that?

    I'm thinking about two alternatives:
    * libraries for reading like podofo and custom script for passing
    pdf context (text) to context commands
    * pass pdf to jpg, and apply
    http://detexify.kirelabs.org/classify.html for passing to tex symbols.

    For me it's vital to pass mathematical symbols like (\int) to tex
    symbol and not like utf-8 symbols.

    Thanks  a lot,
    Xan.

Have you seen the mudraw program of mupdf
http://www.mupdf.com/
?
It has a -t switch that outputs txt and a -tt and -ttt switches that output xml.

--
luigi
Thank you for answering and sorry for delay. I will check it, but I suspect that if I have

 $$\int_{i=1}^{\infty} x^2$$

in one latex document and it generates pdf, then mupdf -t of that document does not generate that formula, else "S i=1 x²".

Thanks,
Xan.