I have a version of context standalone installed, and I am trying to add
some functionality I need to strc-ref.lua. As a simple test to see if
modifying the file was working, I enabled the
'structures.referencing.identifying' tracker and verified that I was getting
messages from this tracker in the log. I then modified the log statement in
strc-ref.lua and processed the document again. The changes I made to the lua
file did not seem to be active. I verified that there is only one log
statement that matches the output I am seeing. Why would my lua code change
not be active? Is the lua code cached somehow? (I am running this from
windows if that matters).

The code I modified is under the path:

context\tex\texmf-context\tex\context\base\ strc-ref.lua

-Lance Larsen