On 6/7/2013 3:13 PM, Lance Larsen wrote:
Hans,

Your reply below was very helpful. I looked at the context command line
options and saw 'make'. After running this, the code changes took effect.
Thankyou.

I could still use help in identifying where equation numbers are defined in
the code so that I can add a tracker. Do you have a suggestion of which
function (or at least lua file) I should look in for this?

I am also curious how hooks are defined, so that I can identify them in the
code and see if there is one that would meek my purpose - also where the
hook scripts are placed so that context can find them.

Thanks again for the reply which got me over the first hurdle.

It's not that trivial as numbers are not stored like 2.1.2 and so, but as abstractions with optional rendering directives so that they can be generated on demand, depending on circumstances. For instance a formula number can be formatted differently in a list, reference, formula or wherever needed.

So, in principle, there can be \in{formula}[a] references rendered in one place as 1.2.1 with the 1 being green and slanted and another place as 2.1 with the 1 being red and bold.

So .. if a tracing feature like yours is needed for some reason, it has to be hooked into several places but in a consistent way (quite doable but takes time and no one needed it). The reason is that there is not one list of references but for efficiency reasons references are picked up from several 'tables'. For instance, currently, formula references come from structure lists (which also indicates that there can be lists of formulas).

The following demonstrates this.

\setupbodyfont[pagella]

\starttext

\placeformula[a] \startformula a \stopformula

see \in{formula}[a]

\placeformula[b] \startformula b \stopformula

see \in{formula}[b]

\startformula c \stopformula

\startluacode
    local list = structures.lists.collected
    for i, l in ipairs(list) do
     -- if l.metadata.name == "formula" then
            logs.report("references",string.formatters["%s: %.t"](
                l.references.reference,
                l.numberdata.numbers
            ))
     -- end