On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 04:08:40PM -0400, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Jun 2013, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
>
> >two details that keep missing is "max" and "lim" (see below).
> >

> ><mi mathvariant="normal">lim</mi>
> >

> I do not know MATHML, but this seems like a wrong way to input \lim.
> The above is roughly equivalent to
>
> $\mathrm{lim}$

No it isn't, MathML rules are a bit different, $\mathrm{lim}$ is
equivalent to:
<mi mathvariant="normal">l</mi>
<mi mathvariant="normal">i</mi>
<mi mathvariant="normal">m</mi>

What Steffen is using is the correct way (it should even be <mi>lim</mi>
as mathvariant="normal" is the default unless it is a single character).

Regards,
Khaled