On 12-06-13 23:33, luigi scarso wrote:

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 11:31 PM, Sander Maijers
<s.n.maij...@student.ru.nl <mailto:s.n.maij...@student.ru.nl>> wrote:

    I want to adjust my document to have Lucida as main typeface, but
    with brief passages (a few words at most) in a typeface that has the
    IPA glyphs like Gentium.

    I've skimmed the manual and the ConTeXt garden Wiki but I do not yet
    understand which commands I should use where and with which options
    to achieve this -- preferably in a concise way.

    Could someone please explain and point out what most current
    documentation I should read and in which order to fully understand
    how to work with typography in ConTexT? (Obviously I am not a
    typographer or typesetter, I just write documents.)

    I am in a hurry now to complete my document so I would appreciate
    concrete hints to help with my current need. Still, I am interested
    to learn a lot about this functionality in the long term.

Do you know the simplefonts module ?

I had read about it some time ago, but I had not yet noticed this Wiki page : http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Fonts_in_LuaTeX#How_LuaTeX_handles_system_fonts

How can I select a different typeface (that can be found by simplefonts) for a specific region of text, like a few words?

--
luigi