On Sat, 31 Aug 2013 23:10:07 +0200
Romain Diss <romain.d...@yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I wrote some articles with context and they contain (of course)
> sections. Now I have to include all these articles in a book but each
> article should become a section of the book. So I wonder if there is
> a way to convert the \section command of the article files into
> \subsection in the book.
>
> Minimal not working (but supposed to explain my problem) example:
>
> %%% article.tex
> \startsection[title=A first point]
> ... \stopsection
> \startsection[title=A second point]
> ... \stopsection
>
> %%% book.tex
> % command to make the \section of the input articles become
> \subsection % commands
> \startsection[title=My first article]
>   \input article
> \stopsection
>
> %%% end
>

> I know I can change the \section commands of the article.tex into
> \ArticleSection and switch with
> \definehead[ArticleSection][section]
> \definehead[ArticleSection][subsection]
> depending of the context, but it would be better (for me) to not
> modify the article.tex files.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thank in advance.

If faced with this problem I would import the tex file into gvim and do
a mass change with one statement like:

:% s/\\section/\\subsection/

Then I would save the tex file under a different name.

If there are already subsections I would convert them to subsubsections
first, then convert the sections to subsections. Eqch step is just a
singl command in gvim.

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press