On 11/14/2013 4:06 PM, Barry Ashton wrote:
Are there any mathematicians that have been able to install MathTime
Professional 2 (MTPro2) mathematical fonts on ConTeXt? There is no mention of
ConTeXt on the company’s web site

http://store.pctexstore.com/mapro2fo.html
http://www.pctex.com/kb/74.html

so it may not be possible to install them.

However, I am always amazed at what experienced  users are able to achieve - so
I thought I should ask. Can MTPro2 be installed on ConTeXt?

The product is clearly targeted at LaTeX and is easily installed on LaTeX,
XeLaTex and LuaLaTeX. The company also provide a means of installation on Plain
Tex with

\input /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/tex/plain/mtpro2/mtp2.tex

after the fonts have been properly placed in texmf-local.

mtxrun --generate

This latter approach does not work re ConTeXt. I am not sufficiently
experienced to know why. It could be because such an approach is simply wrong
in principle. Or it could be because, that while the approach is right in
principle, MTPro2 is incompatible with amssymb. And, as I understand it,
amssymb is installed by default on ConTeXt.

I would be obliged for any advice.

you need something

\usetypescriptfile[mathtimes]

\setupbodyfont[mathtimes]

best check if mathtimes-math.lfg is okay as I don't have these fonts (nor time to look into them).