On 1/7/2014 7:07 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
On 01/06/2014 10:38 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
On 1/6/2014 9:29 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
[...]
Which one is preferable: luatex or luajittex?

both should work although at some point we will move on to > 0.77
specific functionality

there will be a luajittex 0.78.1 soon (there is already a binary for
windows, as Akira always provides the latest greatest)

(and as usual the jit version is some 20% faster due to the faster Lua vm)

Many thanks for your reply, Hans.

I have just updated the ConTeXt Suite (for Linux) and luajittex seems to
be broken. When removing tex/texmf-cache/luatex-cache, context isn’t
able to recreate it.

If I try to recreate it manually (invoking "context --engine=luajittex
--make en"), I get an error. Full log available at
http://www.ousia.tk/luajittex.txt.

Must be some faulty compilation or download:

This is LuajitTeX, Version beta-0.78.1-2014010416 (TeX Live 2013/dev)

makes the format okay.