Hi Jean Guillaume,

I guess Marco Patzer and Wolfgang Schuster gave you already the appropriate
answers.
Nevertheless, I wanted to share with you the definitions I use for the kind of
work you want to do:

%%% begin example-exercise.tex
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
% defining \startexo, \stopexo as an enumeration:
\startsetups style:simple
\defineenumeration[exo]
        [alternative=hanging,
        width=fit,
        stopper={.},
        text=Exercise,
%       between=,
        before=,
        after=\blank]
\stopsetups % style:simple

\startsetups style:textrule
\definenumber[MyExoNumber][way=bysection,sectionumber=yes]
\setuptextrules[rulecolor=darkred]
\define\ExoCommand{\incrementnumber[MyExoNumber]
        \textrule[top]{Exercise \getnumber[MyExoNumber]}
        \startbackground[frame=off,leftframe=on,backgroundcolor=white,
                framecolor=darkred]}

\defineenumeration[exo]
        [alternative=hanging,
        width=fit,
        text={},
        number=hide,
        number=no,
        before={\ExoCommand},
        after={\stopbackground\blank}]
\stopsetups % style:textrule

% end defining \startexo, \stopexo as an enumeration
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

%defining  numbered questions
\defineconversion[exercise][\numbers]
%\setupitemize[packed]
\def\StartQuestions{%
        \startitemize[exercise][width=2em,packed,style=bold,stopper=,right=)]}
\def\StopQuestions{\stopitemize}
\def\q{\item}

% trye each of the following
\setups[style:simple]
%\setups[style:textrule]

\starttext
\startexo
Prove that for all $a,b\in {\Bbb K}$, a field of characteristic 2, one has
$(a+b)^2 = a^2 + b^2$.
\stopexo

\startexo
Prove that for all $a,b\in {\Bbb K}$, a field of characteristic 2, one has
$(a+b)^4 = a^4 + b^4$.
\stopexo

\startexo
\StartQuestions
\q Prove that
\startformula
\sum_{n=1}^\infty{1 \over n^2} = {\pi^2 \over 6}.
\stopformula

\q Prove that for any $n \geq 1$ integer one has
\startformula
\sum_{k=1}^n k^3 = \left({n(n+1) \over 2}\right)^2.
\stopformula
\StopQuestions
\stopexo

\stoptext