Hi,

As nice as it would be to have ConTeXt Standalone offer an editor, I personally
believe that it should not be done.

1) Those that have TeXlive already TeXWorks
     At least it is setup for TeXLive and can be set up to use
     ConTeXt Standalone and other distros at the same time.

2) ConTeXt supports many OSes
    a) adding editor support opens a big can of worms inorder to be
         non-eavsive and not clobber special settings that a user might have
         in place.

     b) TeXWorks is nice, yet not for everyone.
          Furthermore on the Mac one has TeXShop, it was the basis for TeXWorks!
          I would suggest TeXShop to Mac Users.

      c) No offense to power users, emacs Ughhhh!
          Emacs comes with a learning curve!
          Should add something in that beginners and the uninclined might
          consider a recommondation, where they would be better off using a
          different "IDE".

To reinterate, editors and IDEs are a matter of taste.
Depending on the platform one is on there are different choices which are easy
enough to install and use.
It would be to difficult for ConTeXt to avoid ruining someones set up that they
have.

regards
        Keith.