Dear list,

I have just discovered that there is a buggy interaction between
references and footnotes. The sample is taken form a book I’m writing.

When including two \about and a footnote at the end of the paragraph,
ConTeXt is not able to move the two last lines from paragraph  to the

But the weird thing is that both the footnote and the text from the
second \about to the end of the line are placed at the bottom of the page.

If I remove any of the two \about, text is not misplaced, but footnote
reference and point are (http://www.ousia.tk/wrong-footnote.pdf).

And if I remove both \about or replace them with \at or \in, everything
works as expected (http://www.ousia.tk/right-break.pdf).

Sorry, but I’m afraid I cannot provide a code sample that reproduces the
bug. I tried it and it worked fine. And I have no idea of what might
trigger the bug.

BTW, I’m using beta from 2014.02.01 14:22. AFAIK, this is the latest
one. And this is also broken with the stable version (2014.01.03 00:40).

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk