Am 23.02.2014 um 11:00 schrieb Pablo Rodriguez <oi...@gmx.es>:

> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> sorry for asking about the \definefallbackfamily again, but I have the
> impression that the more I use, the less I understand it.
>
> Here is the sample:
>
> \setuplanguage[en][patterns={en,agr,ru}]
> \definefallbackfamily[mainface][serif][CMU Serif][preset={range:greek,
> range:cyrillic}, it={DejaVu Serif-Italic, scale:0.935}]
> \definefontfamily[mainface][serif][TeX Gyre Pagella]
> \setupbodyfont[mainface,14pt]
> \starttext
> Mixing scripts.
>
> В начале июля
>
> Λόγος δέ ἐστι {\em φωνὴ σημαντική}.
> \stoptext
>
> I have three questions:
>
> How can I define one fallback with more than one range preset? (I tried
> many combinations, but none of them worked.)

Your example above uses two presets and both are used, the problem is that both
presets set a value for the range key and you end up with this setup:

  \definefallbackfamily[…][…][…][range=<range setup for greek>,range=<range
setup for cyrillic>]

When you have now multiple settings for the same key only the last setting is
used and all of the previous ones are ignored. What you can foo in this case
is to set either the range value by yourself or add multiple fallback setting
where you load only one preset, e.g.

  \definefallbackfamily[…][…][…][preset=range:greek]
  \definefallbackfamily[…][…][…][preset=range:cyrillic]

> I cannot get a different italic fallback font if the fallback typeface
> specified in the third argument has an italic font. What am I doing
> wrong here?

The \em command uses the slanted alternative by default, to use italic for \em
add this to your document:

  \setupbodyfontenvironment[default][em=italic]

> Is it possible to scale only the italic font in a fallback definition
> and not whole typeface? (In some cases, the feature is extremely handy.)

Not yet, I can add this feature but it will only work for fallback fonts and
not for the normal fonts which are set with \definefontfamily.

Wolfgang