Hello there,

I tried to overbar an arabic word, and noticed, that the bar is too low and overlaps the letters. While producing a minexample, I noticed that this might be a issue of my font, because this does not happen with Arial. See this minexample:

\definefont[arial][name:arial*arabic at 12pt]
\definefont[arabicuth][file:UthmanicHafs1Ver09.ttf*arabic at 12pt]

\starttext
\startalign[r2l]
\arial
كَلَّا لَا تُطِعْهُ \overbar{وَٱسْجُدْ} وَٱقْتَرِب ۩
\arabicuth
كَلَّا لَا تُطِعْهُ \overbar{وَٱسْجُدْ} وَٱقْتَرِب ۩
\stopalign
\stoptext

and compare the compiled pdf in attachment.

You can download the used font-file "UthmanicHafs1Ver09.ttf" here:

http://fonts.qurancomplex.gov.sa/download/UthmanicHafs1Ver09Font.zip

We have discussed this font here month ago, hans commented: "yes, but calling this a normal font is somewhat over-the-top"

So it is quite "special" - but still best available font (free or commercial) for typesetting the holy quran.

But setting the bar a bit higher should be easily possible, independent of these font-lacks, right? The solution should be independent from the chosen font-size.

Thanks!
Huseyin