On 2014-05-24 06:26, Hans Hagen wrote:
On 5/24/2014 4:11 AM, Rik Kabel wrote:
For the /\framed/ command, any value for the key /align /other than a
null value pushes the frame beyond the bottom margin on a landscape page
for many values of /orientation/. The following MWE demonstrates this:

    \setuppapersize [A4,landscape]
    \starttext
       \framed[orientation=90,align=no]{\externalfigure[dummy]}
    \stoptext

It also seems that the default value of /align/// is not /no/ as the
wiki suggests, since there is a very different result when no align key
is provided and when it is provided as above with /no/, if by a default
value one means that, when a given key is not explicitly provided,
processing will occur as if it had been provided with that particular
value.

\setuppapersize [A4,landscape]

\starttext

\framed[orientation=90,width=\textheight,align=no]{\externalfigure[dummy]}
\stoptext

Thank you, Hans. That pointed me in the right direction, although it is not the solution in my case.

The problem was with align=no. It does not, as I surmised, lead to the same result as having no align key at all. The following shows the differences clearly. What I am after is the fifth page. I would think that the wiki is incorrect in stating that the default value for the align key is no, but I do not know what is the proper description of the default.

   \setuppapersize [A5,landscape][A4]
   \definebodyfontenvironment [default][d=6]
   \showframe
   \starttext
   \framed[align=no]{\tfd 1}
   \page
   \framed[]{\tfd 2}
   \page
   \framed[orientation=90,align=no,width=\textheight]{\tfd 3}
   \page
   \framed[orientation=90,align=no]{\tfd 4}
   \page
   \framed[orientation=90]{\tfd 5}

Rik