I am typesetting a small pocketbook. I’m using mkii and the standard
products/environment/chapters structure. I am trying to create a small
paperbook size book with 11pt Optima font (using the converted font on my Mac).

Everything works, except the body text is in 15pt in the PDF. Now, I did all
this font setup stuff years and years ago (I think the whole GTAMacFonts
doesn’t work/exist anymore, I just keep it running on my system) and of course
I suspect something not quite right in  that part, but when I completely leave
out the Optima stuff, I get CMR in 15pt, so that is probably not it. When in
CRM, I see log entries like

[7.5]
Overfull \hbox (4.50882pt too wide) in paragraph at lines 36--46
\*12ptrmtfrm*: rat-ings in-sti-tute are ca-pa-ble of han-dling this amount

\hbox(8.26648+2.33331)x258.10477, glue set - 1.0
.\*12ptrmtfrm*: r
.\*12ptrmtfrm*: a
.\*12ptrmtfrm*: t
.\discretionary
..\*12ptrmtfrm*: -
.\*12ptrmtfrm*: i
.etc.

Which seems to indicate that the font is 12pt. But why is the document in 15pt
text?

My environment contains (amongst other things):

\definepapersize[smallpaperback][width=5in,height=8in]
\setuppapersize[smallpaperback][smallpaperback]
\setuplayout[location=doublesided]
\setupsectionblock[frontpart][page=no]
\setupsectionblock[bodypart][page=no]
\setupsectionblock[appendix][page=no]
\setupsectionblock[backpart][page=no]

% Every chapter body text starts with lettrine:
\usemodule[lettrine]
\setuplettrine[Lines=3,
               Hang=.5,
               Oversize=0,
               Raise=0,
               Findent=0pt,
               Nindent=0em,
               Slope=0em,
               Ante=,
               FontHook=,
               TextFont=\sc,
               Image=no]

% Every chapter starts with a quote on the LHS page:
\setuphead
  [chapter]
  [page=,
   before={\setups[chapter:before]},
   after={\setups[chapter:after]}]

\startsetups chapter:before
    \page[left]
    \noheaderandfooterlines
    \startalignment[left,nothyphenated]
        \startnarrower[4*left]
            \em \getbuffer[chapter:quote]
        \stopnarrower
    \stopalignment
    \resetsetups[quote:text]
    \page[right]
    \noheaderandfooterlines
    \blank[force,2*big]
\stopsetups

\startsetups chapter:after
    \blank[3*big]
\stopsetups

\setuptolerance[horizontal=strict]
\setupcolors[state=start]
\setupcolor[rgb]
%
\setupquote[style=small]
\setupnarrower[left=1cm,right=0.5cm]
%
\usetypescript[serif,sans,mono] [hanging] [normal]

% Bypassing type-gtamacfonts.tex
\starttypescript [sans,serif] [optima] [texnansi,ec]
\definefontsynonym [Optima-Regular] [\typescriptthree-OptimaRegular]
[encoding=\typescriptthree]
\definefontsynonym [Optima-Italic] [\typescriptthree-OptimaItalic]
[encoding=\typescriptthree]
\definefontsynonym [Optima-Bold] [\typescriptthree-OptimaBold]
[encoding=\typescriptthree]
\definefontsynonym [Optima-BoldItalic] [\typescriptthree-OptimaBoldItalic]
[encoding=\typescriptthree]
\definefontsynonym [Optima-ExtraBlack] [\typescriptthree-OptimaExtraBlack]
[encoding=\typescriptthree]
\stoptypescript
\starttypescript [sans,serif] [optima] [name]
\setups            [font:fallback:\typescriptone]
\definefontsynonym [\typescriptprefix\typescriptone] [Optima-Regular]
\definefontsynonym [\typescriptprefix\typescriptone Italic] [Optima-Italic]
\definefontsynonym [\typescriptprefix\typescriptone Bold]       [Optima-Bold]
\definefontsynonym [\typescriptprefix\typescriptone BoldItalic]
[Optima-BoldItalic]
\definefontsynonym [\typescriptprefix\typescriptone Black] [Optima-ExtraBlack]
\stoptypescript
\definetypeface[allsans][rm][serif][optima][default][encoding=texnansi]
\definetypeface[allsans][ss][sans][optima][default][encoding=texnansi]
\loadmapfile [gtamacfonts.map]
\setupbodyfont[allsans,11pt]