Hi,

There is a new experimental feature (one of the side effects of discussions with Alan about bibliographies and using distributed files in a project structure).

Say that you have this:

test1.tex : uses \component one/test2

one/test2.tex : uses \component two/test3

etc. There can be resources under one/two that test3 needs and one way out is to add this path to the used paths. Doing that automatically can result in side effects when multiple resources with the same name are used.

However, we now have a concept of the local job path, so when test2 is read the jobfile: prefix will use path one, and when reading test3, that prefix will trigger one/two usage.

For this to work, one has to say:

\usepath[jobfile:]
\setupexternalfigures[directory=jobfile:]

To what extent this all works out well is to be tested.

Hans

ps. file loading related code is somewhat complex because we also need to support tds/kpse like searching; normally such more direct lookups kick in early (there are more prefixes and urls are also kind of special)