> Am 09.02.2015 um 18:12 schrieb Aditya Mahajan <adit...@umich.edu>:

>> http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/225603/missing-page-numbers-first-chapter-only-context
>>>
>>> BTW: Shouldn’t the following assignment in page-ini.miv be global?
>>>
>>> \appendtoks
>>>     \ifcase\pageornamentstate \or
>>>         \pageornamentstate\zerocount
>>>     \fi
>>> \to \everyaftershipout
>>
>> sure
>
> Not sure if this completely fixes the problem. For example:

The \global is necessary because otherwise the assignment won’t have any effect
because
the output routine (and this is where \everyaftershipout is used) forms a group
but this won’t
fix the problem with \page[none].

> \definepagebreak
>        [chapterpagebreak]
>        [yes, blank, right]
>
> \setuphead [chapter]
>           [page=chapterpagebreak]
>
> \showframe
>
> \starttext
> \startchapter
>        [title={First Chapter Title}]
>
> \dorecurse{6}{\input knuth \par}
>
> \stopchapter
> \startchapter
>        [title={Second Chapter Title}]
>
> \dorecurse{6}{\input knuth \par}
>
> \stopchapter
> \stoptext
>
> There is no page number on the first page of the first chapter, but there is
> one on the first page of the second chapter.

You don’t need the \chapter commands because it is a \page problem as can be
seen in the following example
(the fix above solves the problem only for page 2 and upwards).

\starttext

\page[yes,blank,yes]

\dorecurse{6}{\input knuth\par}

\stoptext

To really fix the problem you have reset the \pageornamentstate value at
the end of the “yes”, „right” etc. keywords, e.g. (page-brk.mkiv)

\installpagebreakmethod \v!yes
  {\ifconditional\c_page_breaks_enabled
     \page_otr_flush_all_floats
     \page_otr_command_next_page
     \ifinsidecolumns       % this will move to MUL
       \page_otr_eject_page % otherwise sometimes no change
     \fi
-  \fi}
+  \fi
+  \global\pageornamentstate\zerocount}

and the automatic reset with \everyaftershipout has to be removed, otherwise
things like following example have page numbers on the page 2 and 3 which
should be empty.

\starttext

\page[yes,blank,+3]

\dorecurse{6}{\input knuth\par}