On 2015-02-13 03:45, Mikael P. Sundqvist wrote:
Hi,

with the example below, I have two problems (that are probably
related). In the appendix, the Theorem is numbered "Theorem II"
instead of "Theorem 2", i.e. roman numbers are used instead of arabic
ones.

Also, when I refer to Theorem 1 from the appendix , it says "Theorem
I". Again with roman number instead of arabic. I would prefer "Theorem
1".

So, the question reads: How can I get arabic numbers also in the appendix?

(The appendix itself has the letter A as I want it to)

/Mikael

\starttext

\defineenumeration[Theorem]

\defineconversionset [bodypart:sectioncounter] [n,n,n] [n]
\defineconversionset [appendix:sectioncounter] [n,n,A] [n]
\setuphead[chapter,section][sectionconversionset=sectioncounter]

\chapter{Foo}
\startTheorem[thm:main]
This is a theorem.
\stopTheorem

\startappendices
\title{Appendix}

\section{This is the first appendix}

\startTheorem
This is another theorem.
\stopTheorem

What if we refer to the first theorem, Theorem~\in[thm:main]?

\stopappendices

In a document that has figures numbered by chapter, I use the following so that I get
Figure J.5 instead of J.V -- perhaps this will provide a starting point:

   %% This ensures that appendix figures have numeric, not Roman,
   numbers %%

   \defineconversionset [appendix:floatconversionset] [] [n]
   \setupcaption[numberconversionset=floatconversionset]

--
rik