On Wed, 25 Feb 2015, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:

Dear list,

I need to get the number of pages from an external PDF file that I also
define with an \env.

I think I could get something like this.:

   \def\Myfilename{\env{filename}}
   doc = epdf.open(arg[\MyFilename])
   total_pages_ =  doc:getNumPages()
   \def\Mypages{total_pages}

But mixing both lua and ConTeXt commands the wrong way won’t work.

Sorry, but this is all Greek to me. Although I see how it could be done,
I cannot write the code for this.

Which is the right way to get the code above working?

From my old cut-n-paste module (to format two column pdfs into one column so that they are easier to read on an eink reader)

\useexternalfigure[cnp:name][\cut!n!paste!parameter\c!name]% Is this really
needed?
\getfiguredimensions[cnp:name]%
\edef\cut!n!paste!NOfpages {\noffigurepages}%

Aditya

[1]: https://github.com/adityam/cut-n-paste/blob/master/tex/context/third/cut-n-paste/t-cut-n-paste.tex