Hi Hans,

In mkii, we used to have the command
        \version[temporary]
in the document, so that the labels for cross references would be printed in
the margin, which is extremely useful when proof reading.

In mkiv the command exists, but does not that: it prints only in small print
the name of the file or the project information in the footer, and some black
rules where the hyphenation of words has not been done.
Is there any command which does what is needed for having informations about
cross-referencing?

In LaTeX for example, there is a package which puts the name of each labelled
reference in the margin, and when one uses a certain cross reference it puts
the name which is used in small print on top of the line where it is invoked.
If you want I can send you an example of output where this is shown.

If in mkiv there is a possibility to modify an existing feature, could you
please give an indication where I have to look?

If not, should I submit a request for this feature?

Thanks for all your work and help.
Best regards: OK