On 04/16/2015 09:19 PM, John Culleton wrote:
> In the sample shown below I get correct (roman)
> line numbers but the very first page, imported
> from plug.tex has an unwanted page number. If I
> surround that page with:
> \startstandardmakeup[doublesided=no,page=yes]
>  and
> \stopstandardmakeup
>
> the page number disappears but the page count is
> wrong by one. Page numbers are roman.

Hi John,

this isn’t wrong. Makeup pages aren’t numbered by default.

Add "pagestate=start" to the makeup you want to get its page numbered.

To avoid adding the same options to every single makeup, add in the
preamble:

   \setupmakeup[pagestate=start, doublesided=no, page=yes]

BTW, I don’t know whether this is is the best way to surpress page
numbers in texts. Because makeups don’t split texts in pages.

I hope it helps,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk