On 4/18/2015 1:21 PM, Csikos Bela wrote:
Wolfgang Schuster írta:

Am 13.04.2015 um 01:29 schrieb Csikos Bela:

LONG CUT - See previous messages

Otared, Wolfgang:

Thank you for your suggestions.

The symbols in the file symb-imp-mis.mkiv are loaded by default because context
uses
them for the itemise environment but a few of them have to be enabled before
you can
use them and even then you need a font which contains them, e.g. DejaVu.

%%%% begin example
\setupbodyfont[dejavu]

\setupsymbolset[text]

\starttext

\starttabulate[|l|c|]
\NC \bf Name      \NC \bf Symbol              \NC\NR
\TB
\NC bullet        \NC \symbol [bullet]        \NC\NR
\NC dash          \NC \symbol [dash]          \NC\NR
\NC star          \NC \symbol [star]          \NC\NR
\NC triangle      \NC \symbol [triangle]      \NC\NR
\NC circle        \NC \symbol [circle]        \NC\NR
\NC square        \NC \symbol [square]        \NC\NR
\NC diamond       \NC \symbol [diamond]       \NC\NR
\TB
\NC blacktriangle \NC \symbol [blacktriangle] \NC\NR
\NC blacksquare   \NC \symbol [blacksquare]   \NC\NR
\NC blackdiamond  \NC \symbol [blackdiamond]  \NC\NR
\TB
\NC 1             \NC \symbol [1]             \NC\NR
\NC 2             \NC \symbol [2]             \NC\NR
\NC 3             \NC \symbol [3]             \NC\NR
\NC 4             \NC \symbol [4]             \NC\NR
\NC 5             \NC \symbol [5]             \NC\NR
\NC 6             \NC \symbol [6]             \NC\NR
\NC 7             \NC \symbol [7]             \NC\NR
\NC 8             \NC \symbol [8]             \NC\NR
\stoptabulate

\stoptext
%%%% end example

OK, I see that neither the default font nor Tex Gyre Pagella has black diamod
symbol, therefore it can't be shown.

When you need characters like the mentioned losenge you should better look for
a font
which contains it and create a new typeface for it or set a fallback font which
add the
characters to the main font of your document.

Before answering I wanted to find out how to make this fallback: Using a given
font
and fall back to only one (or a few) specific characters in another font. For
example
using Tex Gyre Pagella and fall back to Dejavu's black diamond, but not to any
other
characters.

To learn how to do this, in the last few days I read most of (if not all) the
related pages on
the wiki site, and browsed the indicated pdf documents too. Unfortunately I
find the wiki
pages confusing, and I couldn't find out how to solve the problem yet, but I
did not want
to wait longer with the answer. I will study further the docs.

search for 'fallbacks' in the test suite

(you can have fallback ranges but also individual characters)