From: "david.boerschl...@juno.com" <david.boerschl...@juno.com>
To: ntg-context@ntg.nl
Subject: simplefonts vs typescripts
Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 16:26:43 GMT

I have been trying for weeks to set up the Google Noto fonts for ConTeXt.   I
have tried (but do not understand all the syntax and parameters of) typescripts
and simplefonts.

It seems that I probably should gravitate towards typescripts because the
typescripts seem to be what comes with the distribution of other fonts.

Is there detailed documentation describing all the parameters in detail and
giving examples?   All I found is some vague examples without any explanations
in the contextgarden.net wiki.

Is there a tool that I can use to look at the .ttf or .otf file and discern the
values I need to put into the typescripts?   Is there a tool to generate
typescripts from the .ttf and/or .otf files or would one be easy for me to
write in say Korn, Perl, or Python?

Please advise!

Thanks.

David Boerschlein