On Thu, 11 Jun 2015, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 7:59 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
On Thu, 11 Jun 2015, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

Hi,

I would like to ask for help for either finding a fix or some clever
workaround for the following problem.

If I use a TikZ picture as item symbol and additionally use background
text, then the first symbol in itemize environment gets covered by the
background. Here's an example:

Workaround (though I have no idea why this should work).

   background={foreground,color}

While it works in the sense that it gives a consistent look, it
doesn't really lead to the desired result, at least not for me. The
reason for using background colour in my case was to make text
"visible" on a dark background photo. It doesn't really help if the
main text gets hidden behind the semi-transparent layer.

I have no idea what tikz is doing:

\usemodule[tikz]

\definecolor[light][s=1,a=1,t=0.1]
\definecolor[dark] [s=1,a=1,t=0.95]

\defineframedtext[normal] [width=4cm, background=color]
\defineframedtext[reverse][width=4cm, background={foreground,color}]

\startbuffer
\tikz\fill[color=blue] (0,0) circle (.2cm);
\startMPcode fill fullcircle scaled (.4cm) withcolor \MPcolor{blue}; \stopMPcode
\stopbuffer

\starttext

\startnormal[backgroundcolor=light] \getbuffer \stopnormal
\startnormal[backgroundcolor=dark] \getbuffer  \stopnormal

\blank[3*line]

\startreverse[backgroundcolor=light] \getbuffer \stopreverse
\startreverse[backgroundcolor=dark] \getbuffer  \stopreverse
\stoptext

Aditya