> On 16 Jun 2015, at 15:04, Paul Mazaitis <p...@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
>
> I've been working on a BBEdit language module to support editing ConTeXt
> files:
>
>       https://github.com/pmazaitis/ConTeXtBBLM
>
> ...with binary releases here:
>
>       https://github.com/pmazaitis/ConTeXtBBLM/releases
>
> If there are other BBEdit users here with interest, I'd appreciate feedback.
> Notes on feature gaps (math?), outright bugs, improvements, and/or fiddly
> details are all welcome.

Hi,

thanks a lot for sharing your module. I was using my own CLM for ConTeXt, but
probably I’ll switch to yours now :-)

(I especially love the addition of the "callouts" (TODO, etc.) to the
functions/sections menu!)

Some quick observations/suggestions/thoughts:

## Key/value options [] and content arguments {}

The highlighting is broken when there is a space between the command word and
the [bracketed options] {or arguments}; unfortunately that’s the way I use to
write it ;-)

It breaks also when there are line breaks involved, which is often the case
when you write longer, "vertical" definitions, for example

\setupitemgroup [Legtext] [each]
[stopper=,
before={\setupwhitespace[none]\blank[small]},
style=\bf,
inbetween={\blank[small]},
after={\blank[medium]},
width=1.8em,
…]

## Command words

\,\;\: : In things like "3000\,mm" the whole "\,mm" gets highlighted. [This may
ne a legacy problem, as I should better use directly an appropriate Unicode
space.]

Highlighting should probably not include chars like "()|": For example in
"\starttabulate [|lw(.65\textwidth)|rw(.25\textwidth)|]" the whole
"\textwidth)|rw(.25\textwidth)|" part gets command-highlighted.

## Default highlight colors

After installation the default highlight colors were all set to black, except
for comments. (BBEdit 11.1.2 (3733).)
(Though this might be as well a BBEdit problem, since they are still fighting
highlighting bugs that have been introduced with the color scheme changes of
vs. 11)

## Commands / keywords

It’s interesting that you are offering both Command words (via pattern) and
Keywords (custom list). In ConTeXt I always thought of them as the same. I’ll
surely find a nice use for that :-)

Thanks again,
best,

--